Thursday, January 22, 2009

Gifts from my son

Even though Aiden isn't on Earth, I know he's around me all the time. One time, when it was close to the one year anniversary of his death, I asked him to give me a sign that he was okay, and he was happy, and he could hear me. I guess that was a little demanding but I need to know all that! I told him it needed to be something big because mama can be very skeptical.

Not long after I was driving home from a friend's house at night. It was later on so the roads were empty. I stopped at a red light and for some reason I was looking at the sky. As I watched the biggest, brightest shooting star I've ever seen in my life started moving across the sky. It looked like a comet it was so bright and close looking. It lasted a LONG time too...if you've ever seen a shooting star sometimes they look like a flare going up, but burn out real quick. This one looked unreal with how long it was lasting and how bright and beautiful it was.

I know that was a sign from my Aiden.

I'm still heartbroken over him not being here, and I still miss him so much every single day, but I do know that wherever he is he's happy and watching us.

Still rather have him here though!

2 comments:

  1. Jen I just finish reading your last post and this one,if I could reach over I will give you the biggest cyber hug. I can't tell you I know what it feels like because I truly don't, hearing your story breaks my heart. Your son is shining down on you from heaven. I am truly sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, that's so sweet and so sad too. Sorry for your loss! Wonderful that you could feel him this way.

    ReplyDelete